There are so many wonderful things about Spring, it's hard to choose how best to ring the season in! These are some of our favorites ways to make the most of the changing weather, we hope they bring some pleasure to your warm Spring days!
Places to Travel:
- Crested Butte offers an array of hiking and biking trails, filled with gorgeous wildflowers.
- Breckenridge does a month long Spring Fever festival, with activities the whole family can enjoy!
- Durango has some serious white river rafting, if you're looking for some excitement.
- Manitou Springs' Cave of the Winds is definitely worth visiting, complete with zipline!
- Steamboat Springs hosts fun outdoor festivals, as well as boasts the Strawberry Springs hot springs.
- Grand Junction is home of Colorado's wine country, with over twenty vineyards to choose from!
Fun at Home:
- Grab some sidewalk chalk and let your imagination run wild. Hopscotch is a personal favorite for my family!
- Collect and paint rocks to place around your garden.
- Plant a garden! With so much sunshine, Colorado is perfect for growing a plethora of different fruits and vegetables!
- Stay up late to stargaze on nights the weather allows.
- Make a handmade bird feeder out of wood, or even a plastic jug!
- Set up an indoor/outdoor treasure hunt!
Fun at the Park:
- Bring binoculars and do some bird watching. Don't forget to bring a notebook to keep track of the different species you see!
- Build/decorate kites and bring them to the park to fly, just be sure to choose one without too many trees.
- Frisbee golfing is a super popular sport in Colorado, so the likelihood of there being a park with some baskets nearby is pretty high!
- Invite your family/friends to participate in an outdoor scavenger hunt.
- Pack up some of your favorite foods that travel well and enjoy a picnic on a blanket!
- Set up an obstacle course, or just use the playground equipment for inspiration.
Get Out of the House:
- With thousands of miles of hiking trails interspersed throughout the state, going for a hike is a perfect activity for getting some fresh air!
- Mountain Biking is so popular, there are trails for all skill levels around Colorado.
- With the weather warming up, get out for a hot air balloon ride, if you're up for it!
- Skydiving is another beloved sport in this great state, which is no surprise considering the scenery!
- ATV and dirt bike tracks are an awesome way to get outdoors. Don't forget to wear protective clothing and a helmet!
- Reel or fly fishing are both fun ways to spend some time near water! There are plenty of guides to choose from, if you're looking to get started in the sport.
- Make paper flower bouquets and cards out of construction or tissue paper!
- Popsicle sticks are great for making butterly crafts.
- Use paper plates to make bumblebees and ladybugs!
- Dragonflies are easy and fun with pipe cleaners and/or paper.
- Paper crowns are super simple and can be modified with animal/insect of choice!
- Create your own Spring-themed color-by-number page.
We hope these ideas fill your days with joy and help you take the time to appreciate the beauty of the world! Please reach out to me at [email protected], I would love to hear from you!